some observations


Let’s begin this week with some observations.  These are simply just some random thoughts and honest take a ways from the places I have been and the people I have been with.

My desire is to let you know (and remind myself) that people are important. Always have been.  Always will be.

Acts 20:32  NASB
“And now I entrust you to God and the message of his grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those he has set apart for himself.

A servant … Servants are important.  There is always that one person.  Go in any church during an outreach event, and you will see someone who goes way beyond to make things happen.  Saw that this weekend.

God’s plan … Whether we realize it or not, God is always working.  I heard several stories today about places and time where God worked.  Like the shoes that a child had prayed for a certain color, and that is what they received. Like the worship leader that shared the testimony and closing song, and the preacher hadn’t shared yet it all worked like a glove and a hand.

The smiles … back2school is often laced with the smiles on the faces of many children.  I watched this weekend how as students received shoes and had their feet washed, and across their precious faces was a huge smile of satisfaction.

Tears will roll … another piece of back2school are the tears.  I watch the last two weeks tears from children who were fearful, tears from volunteers who were deeply touched and even tears from grateful families who were served.

Family … I love serving, but coming home is sweet.  Seeking the face of my wife and son as well as the barking of our dogs.  That’s home. That’s where my family finds peace and rest and feel loved.

Shared stories … I can’t get enough of them.  Hearing a lady who struggles to stay clean talk about how serving gives her courage and hope is amazing.  Hearing a pastor talk about how excited his church family is about serving together and working hard as they meet specific needs.

There is more.  There is much more.  But I am tired and a little overwhelmed.  There will be more later this week.  I so remember, plain and simply, God is good!

Hosea 3:5  NLT
But afterward the people will return and devote themselves to the Lord their God and to David’s descendant, their king. In the last days, they will tremble in awe of the Lord and of his goodness.


Comments