Surrounded. Remember that song? It is fairly new sung by Michael W Smith and some others. It very simple and speaks to how you fight your battles as we are surrounded by God.
I want to take surrounded to another level. When we know that we are accepted and surrounded by the goodness and love of God, we respond differently and live differently.
Jeremiah 31:3 NLT
Long ago the Lord said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself
Yes, it is valentine’s day which means we make a big deal out of the special people in our lives. There are gifts and special meals as well as flowers and time spent together.
Surrounded by the love of people makes us feel good. What else does that kind of love do for us?
Builds confidence.
Confirms freedom.
Increases our lives because we are full of good things.
Makes our lives worth living.
Take a look at the Scripture I shared yesterday from First Corinthians 13. Love is patient and kind, non-judgmental and hopeful, full of truth and faith.
That is the kind of love that I want to be surrounded with. My prayer is that we will allow the people around us to be surrounded with that kind of love because we realize that we are always surrounded by the love of God.
Romans 13:8 NLT
Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law.

Comments