For as long as I can remember I have tried to be an encourager. In fact what I have found in my almost 50 years of life and 29 years in ministry is that it is very hard to encourage others when you focus on yourself and your own troubles.
God has blessed us. Look around. As the song says count your blessings and name them one by one. They are many. They are varied. They are so very real.
When knowing our blessings and focusing on the people around us, we will become encouragers. We will make a difference in the lives of the people that we encounter every day, those close to us and others.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 NASB
Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.
When we encourage people, we build them up. Building helps people stay strong, fall less and to know their worth.
Hebrews 3:13 NASB
But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
There is coming a time when we won’t be able to encourage others. In fact, there are times that each of us find it hard to be an encouragement because like has us struggling in all kinds of ways. That is why we should encourage people now.
Following in the same direction that I started on Monday, I challenge each of us to “encourage one another” and to make a difference. Your words or your building might be the very thing that helps someone step higher or just keep on living.
Romans 15:4 NASB
For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
Encouragement gives hope to others. As I have said many times before I choose to be a “hope broker”, and that starts with being an encourager!

Comments