Lord and Messiah


I am currently in Cuba serving with the FCA sports ministry team there.  Thank you for your prayers.  While I am away there will be an e-devotion every other day.  The following devotion is part of Sunday’s sermon.  


Do you remember Peter?  He often spoke up too soon.  He even went so far as to promise to never leave Jesus’ side, but in the end Peter was the one who denied that he even knew Jesus.  We are past that point, and the Holy Spirit fell while Peter was standing in the truth he learned while following Jesus.  He said:


Acts 2:36  NIV  

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”


That was bold.  This Jesus whom you crucified!  I am sure there were some people that were shocked or even silenced when they heard about Jesus.  Then there were some people who were mad and ready to storm out or maybe hurt someone.  Which would you or I have been?


Stop again.  This Jesus whom you crucified is Lord and Messiah.  He is either both or neither.  I mean He is either Lord and Messiah or He is nothing.  


Allow me to walk to the place where we make that decision for ourselves.  Is Jesus your Lord?  Is Jesus your Messiah?


Lord defines for us a person who has power, authority, influence or is a master of sorts.


Messiah depicts for us a Savior or deliverer of a particular group of people. 


Jesus is both.  Come to know Him that way and don’t stop short of that.  He didn’t call us to go half the journey.  He planned for us to know Jesus at His most, at His highest of calling.  Jesus is Lord and Messiah.  He is master and savior.

Comments