Psalm 86:12 NLT
With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever,
Simply today is the overflow of what is on my mind coming out of a busy and fruitful weekend. God really is good.
Our team serving at Martinsville Speedway has been able to help race fans during Nascar events for more than 30 years, and I have been part of it for 22 of those years. What an amazing and blessed time each race.
This weekend was the same. There seems to always be difficult weather, but we got through it. Friday evening brought a pretty bad storm, but God watched over the property and all the people. I am thankful for His protection over our team.
There is no telling how many people we have been able to serve with refreshments, guest services and were a part of the worship service. Each conversation that included talking about Jesus. There were lots of those conversations, and that is what we prayed for. I am thankful for each one and pray that each person gets closer to God.
We had some of the best team members that worked with us. Volunteers came from a long way off and from near. Many drove the ADA carts. Many worked under our tents serving refreshments and giving out materials. It takes every one of those precious people, men and women, who worked hard and gave their time and energy. I am thankful for each one.
The worship service went so well. The group Branches shared music and testimony pointed all those who stayed and those who stopped by for a few minutes in the direction of God. These ladies are such a blessing and making a difference as they share Christ.
The staff at the speedway allow us to partner with them to see that race fans are served. Yes, we accomplish some tasks that they have to have cared for, but we also get to talk to people about Jesus, give out Bibles and make a difference in so many lives. I am grateful for this relationship and the honor of serving together.
But what I am really thankful for is that God is working. He continues to work. He continues to build a great team. He continues to meet needs. He continues to encourage so many, including me, each time we are able to serve. God is so good!
Ephesians 5:20 NLT
And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Comments