Who are the men that have influenced your life? That list for me is a long one, yet there are a few that stand out or rise in my heart because of how God used them in my life and family.
Sunday was Father’s Day. It is a difficult one for those who have lost their fathers or who never had a father. That is real for me as a couple of the men I think of have moved on to heaven. May we be influencers and encourage others to do the same.
Proverbs 4:1 NLT
My children, listen when your father corrects you. Pay attention and learn good judgment,
Back to that list …
My dad was a great influence in my life. I remember his commitment to our family, to the church and to being a servant. His voice was one of wisdom and strength. Another influencer was my father in law. When I needed a godly man close to me, he stood out and was a man of faith and acceptance.
There are so many people that could be on this list, and I do not want to miss anyone. Yet I will mention my oldest brother. He and I read Scripture together every day, and his faith and encouragement is important to me. I think back to a Sunday School teacher in 4th or 5th grade loved on us boys. An older pastor that took me on to encourage me. Oh, there are more, but I will stop there.
I want to be an influencer for others, for our kids and grand kids. But I remind you of this quote that I often share…
Whoever shows up most in someone’s life will have the greatest influence over that person. (I believe Tommy or Matthew Barnett first said that)
That has been a mantra for me and for our church. May that be true of me and of you. Be a man of influence. Make a difference in the lives of others.
To all fathers, happy father’s day! Choose to make a difference by being a man of influence.
Psalm 112:9 NLT
They share freely and give generously to those in need. Their good deeds will be remembered forever. They will have influence and honor.
Comments