men of influence

 


Who are the men that have influenced your life?  That list for me is a long one, yet there are a few that stand out or rise in my heart because of how God used them in my life and family.


Sunday was Father’s Day.  It is a difficult one for those who have lost their fathers or who never had a father.  That is real for me as a couple of the men I think of have moved on to heaven.  May we be influencers and encourage others to do the same.


Proverbs 4:1  NLT  

My children, listen when your father corrects you. Pay attention and learn good judgment,


Back to that list … 


My dad was a great influence in my life.  I remember his commitment to our family, to the church and to being a servant.  His voice was one of wisdom and strength.  Another influencer was my father in law.  When I needed a godly man close to me, he stood out and was a man of faith and acceptance.  


There are so many people that could be on this list, and I do not want to miss anyone.  Yet I will mention my oldest brother.  He and I read Scripture together every day, and his faith and encouragement is important to me.  I think back to a Sunday School teacher in 4th or 5th grade loved on us boys.  An older pastor that took me on to encourage me.  Oh, there are more, but I will stop there.


I want to be an influencer for others, for our kids and grand kids.  But I remind you of this quote that I often share…


Whoever shows up most in someone’s life will have the greatest influence over that person.  (I believe Tommy or Matthew Barnett first said that)


That has been a mantra for me and for our church.  May that be true of me and of you.  Be a man of influence.  Make a difference in the lives of others.


To all fathers, happy father’s day!  Choose to make a difference by being a man of influence.  


Psalm 112:9  NLT  

They share freely and give generously to those in need. Their good deeds will be remembered forever. They will have influence and honor.

Comments