This week I am sharing with you some of my favorite scriptures. Each has become a “measuring stick” to help guide my decisions and help me seek the Lord.
Remember that there are opportunities all around for you and me. How will we face those, with or without God’s help? Will we seek what God wants for us? I challenge each of us to let God lead, to choose what builds you and those around you.
Read this one. Take it in. Study it. Meditate on it or chew on it. Ask yourself: what is God is saying to me in these verses?
James 1:2-5 NLT
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. 5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.
Some of my favorite verses. In fact the last one is my life verse. It is all about wisdom, God’s wisdom, in our lives. Oh how I need that wisdom, and that is what I ask for.
Then those other three verses… as I have shared many times, these might be some of the first ones I ever memorized. God used a message from a great peaching to place these in my life. When I experience the tough things in life, I will choose joy. God gives joy for each us.
Choose joy even when things aren’t good. God will rearrange your life and use you to bless and encourage countless other people.
May we take positive steps this week based on the verses that have been so strong for me and my faith journey. Have a great week!
Comments