some favorite verses, day 4

 


I continue to share with you some verses that stick out in my mind as some that God has used to help me stay closer to him as well as to discern His direction for my life, our family and the church that I lead.


That is why I share with you again.  So far this week I shared Hebrews 12:1-2, James 1:2-5 and yesterday from Proverbs 3.  Today I am headed in a few different directions.  Check it out with me.


Read these and take it all in.  Study and meditate on it.  Ask yourself: what is God is saying to me in these verses? 


Psalm 150:6  NLT  

Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord! Praise the Lord!


Matthew 5:3  NLT  

God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.


John 3:30  NLT  

He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.


Philippians 4:6-7  NLT  

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


These verses mean much to me and for very different reasons.  Psalm 150 came to me when my dad had a heart attack in the early 1980’s.  Philippians 4 was a Bible promise God gave me early in ministry when I first met Julie who would one day be my wife.  Matthew 5 rings in my heart for many reasons because I need to remember daily that I need God.  And John 3 is a verse that was our theme at The Community Fellowship which made a huge impact on us.


Find the verses that stick out and speak loudly to you.  Hold on to those and then seek God asking Him to share the why’s and what’s next.


May we take positive steps this week based on the verses that have been so strong for me and my faith journey.  Have a great week!

Comments