season of thanks

 


1 Thessalonians 5:17  NLT  

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


In a Bible study I attend many weeks the first question asked is “what are you thankful for”?  The group is mostly college athletes, and their answers are so good.


We are entering the season of thanks.  November ends with us celebration Thanksgiving.  Many people through the month will share via social media and other places what they are thankful for.


So, I thought I would close out the week with some of the things on my mind that I am truly thankful for.  All the glory must go to God and all He has done.


I am thankful for family!  This week we celebrate the 3rd birthday of our oldest grandchild.  Grandchildren are awesome but so is my wife, our kids and all the family.


I am thankful for the team that served with Raceway Ministries Martinsville.  Last weekend was so good.  Lots of new team members and lots of conversations about Jesus.


I am thankful for our church family.  So many have stepped up this year to serve, to encourage others and even new family members have joined in.  So good and cannot wait for Sunday.


I am thankful for the ministry team I get to serve with in Cuba.  I will be back there in early December.  These people make me stronger, and God is working in so many good ways.


And finally I am thankful for the people who make me better and stronger in faith.  Too many of them to name.  You know who you are.  Keep on for me and for others.


Now it is your turn.  What are you thankful for?


Psalm 100:4-5  NLT  

Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise.  Give thanks to him and praise his name. 5  For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

Comments