It is Valentine’s week. That means those of us with spouses or significant others should be spending a little extra time showing our love for the one who loves us. It is Biblical to do that. Right?
A love letter is a good way to do that. When Julie and I were dating, I wrote her several love letters and even a bunch of poems. And just for the record, you will never ever get to read those poems (they were from the heart and not from any good form of poetry.
But what those letters and poems did do was express my love for Julie. I don’t think she could question that, but I need to keep on writing and telling her that I still do and even more now do love her.
God has done that for us. That is why I call today’s e-devotion a love letter. Earlier this week I read the passage below. It is a love letter from God to you and to me. Read on and note the truth from God. But even more it is a love letter from Him.
Read on…
Psalm 103:8-14 NLT
The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. 9 He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever. 10 He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve. 11 For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. 12 He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. 13 The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. 14 For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust.
That is good. That is a real love letter. For you!
God is compassionate and filled with unfailing love for you. He will not deal with us harshly but has love toward us to the point of removing and forgiving our sin.
We now remember who we are, what we have done and in turn know who He is and what He has done for us.
That is a real love letter!
Comments