another song, Gratitude

 


Another song has grabbed my attention, my mind and made it’s way to my heart.  Last night at our recovery service the worship leader shared this powerful worship song by Brandon Lake titled Gratitude.  Here are some of the lyrics:


All my words fall short

I got nothing new

How could I express

All my gratitude? … 


So I throw up my hands

And praise You again and again

'Cause all that I have is a hallelujah

Hallelujah

And I know it's not much

But I've nothing else fit for a King

Except for a heart singing hallelujah

Hallelujah …


Come on, my soul

Oh, don't you get shy on me

Lift up your song

'Cause you've got a lion inside of those lungs

Get up and praise the Lord, …


So I throw up my hands

Praise You again and again

'Cause all that I have is a hallelujah

Hallelujah

And I know it's not much

But I've nothing else fit for a King

Except for a heart singing hallelujah

Hallelujah


What got my attention?  It is two lines in particular that keep playing in my head.  First is “don’t you get shy on me”.  That is a powerful statement in itself.  We have so much to be grateful for.  Second is “cause you’ve got a lion inside of those lungs”.  That is powerful because we do have God in us and more that He has given us.


We just need to be grateful and sing with all that we have.  Don’t let anyone or anything make you get shy or shrink back from praising God and being thankful.


There is more in you.  And God is bigger and better than anything else!


Psalm 34:1-3  NLT  

I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. 2 I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. 3 Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness; let us exalt his name together.

Comments