Some Scripture just stands our when you read it. Some Scripture not only stands out when you read it but sticks in your head and heart.
Well, that is what these verses from John 8 did yesterday. As you read them not the link between each verse.
John 8:12 NLT
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”
Light and life. They both come from Jesus.
John 8:26 NLT
I have much to say about you and much to condemn, but I won’t. For I say only what I have heard from the one who sent me, and he is completely truthful.”
Jesus knew that what the Father said and what the Father did was of utmost importance for Him and for us. Read on.
John 8:28 NLT
So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man on the cross, then you will understand that I am he. I do nothing on my own but say only what the Father taught me.
He is the healer. He is the light. He is the salvation sent from God.
John 8:31-32 NLT
Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. 32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
There is the key and the last verses for today. Allowing the light of God to fill our lives leaves is being freer than we have ever been before!
Comments