I returned home from Cuba Friday afternoon after there were several travel delays. So glad to be home, but there is much overflow that I would like to share with you as well as thanks to every one that helped make the trip possible.
Romans 8:1 NLT
Let me say first that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith in him is being talked about all over the world.
There were many things that I wanted to accomplish on this trip, and I will begin by sharing that all of those things and more were completed because of the goodness of God.
The first thing that comes to mind is the power of salvation. On my last morning in Cuba a friend came to see me to share that he had decided to accept Jesus as his savior. This is after 7 years of our sharing with him and praying for him. Please pray for Angel as he begins to grow in Christ.
Another very important thing was something I watched happen over and over on this trip. It is the power of seeing like minded people be together for the purpose God gave them. The FCA team in Cuba was together to pray, learn and to enjoy each other. There were so many good times, but the ones that stick out to me the most are the times of praying together. Those were awesome.
Each of these families attached to the FCA team members are doing incredible work. They shared how huddles were growing across the country, and God has been transforming the lives of athletes and coaches. Several also talked about how churches are being planted or growing with the partnership of sports ministry. Coming up are even more opportunities for this important ministry.
I was blessed to be part of several important meetings with influential ministries in Cuba that are sharing the Gospel. Some of them our FCA team are very active in and seeing the impact God is making. I pray for more Bibles to be given away, more food and meals to be shared, more clothing to be distributed, more buildings to be build or renovated and more team members to join as well as people to give to this ministry.
I will stop there, but the work doesn’t stop there. I will share more in the days ahead.
Yesterday was mother’s day. I am grateful for my wife and so many other mothers who have influenced my life including my mom who is in heaven. We are blessed people. We are blessed so that we can bless others!
1 Peter 3:9 NLT
Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will grant you his blessing.
Comments