You alone are worthy

 


Deuteronomy 10:21  NLT  

He alone is your God, the only one who is worthy of your praise, the one who has done these mighty miracles that you have seen with your own eyes.


Often I wake up with a song playing in my head and even singing parts of it.  There are times that this drives Julie crazy because I keep repeating it.  


It happened again today.  Before I share the song I go back to something I shared yesterday.  The prayer pattern I have learned from Strategic Renewal has impacted how I lead others to pray and how I pray.


There is a simple pattern when you use Scripture in prayer.  It is “God is worthy” and we are need”.  Keep that phrase, those two distinctions, in mind as you read Scripture and understand who God is.  He truly is worthy.  The Scripture declares that throughout.  And our lives declare it the closer we get to God.


Then on to the song.  It is sung by CeCe Winans, and the song is “Worthy of It All”.  Here is part of the song (go listen to it for yourself).


All the saints and angels

They bow before Your throne

All the elders cast their crowns

Before the Lamb of God and sing


You are worthy of it all

You are worthy of it all

For from You are all things

And to You are all things

You deserve the glory


God is worthy of it all.  All our praise.  All our lives and all of the glory.  The older I get the more this is real to me.  May our lives and our prayers declare the glory of God!


John 17:4  NLT   

I brought glory to you here on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5 Now, Father, bring me into the glory we shared before the world began.


Jesus taught us and showed us how to give all the glory back to God.  Your turn!


Romans 12:1  NLT  

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.

Comments