Proverbs 17:6 GW
Grandchildren are the crown of grandparents, and parents are the glory of their children.
Today, I want to take a few minutes to tell you about 4 of my favorite things. Yes, today’s e-devotion is a bit more personal and maybe a lot of bragging about things I am very proud about.
Those 4 things are our grand children.
Maybe you have one or more of these. Julie and I love our children, and we have been blessed with 3 great kids and now 2 awesome son-in-laws. And those kids have now given us 4 gifts of grand children as of today.
Well, today number 4 arrives. This sweet little girl should be here Wednesday morning born to our oldest daughter, her first child, and our son in law. We are so excited to be able to celebrate with them and to meet this little one.
Over the past four years we have done this a few times, and I can tell you that these children tug at my heart. I got stories. I have memories. I have pictures (many of you have seen them). We are so, so very proud of these kids.
But what I want to remind you of is a reason I wake up during the night, the reason I write their names in my journal every day and why I can smile. I get to pray for these children and their parents that they grow in the Lord, and my prayer is most often for their safety, their health, their growth, and their salvation. I love to pray over our children and grand children.
There is more to come, but I will close out with one of my favorite prayers from the Bible. It is one I have prayed over many people through the years. And I will continue to pray this prayer over these 4 gifts called grand children.
Numbers 6:24-26 NLT
‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. 25 May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. 26 May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Have a great Wednesday. We are as we welcome our newest little one!
Comments