There are several things that Jesus says about Himself in the Bible that help us understand and even experience God in deeper ways. Some of the best are the “I Am” statements in the book of John.
Let me give you those statements and then close with a couple thoughts to draw up near to Christmas…
First, I am the bread of life (John 6:35).
Second, I am the light of the world (John 8:12).
Third, I am the gate (John 10:9).
Fourth, I am the good shepherd (John 10:11).
Fifth, I am the resurrection and the life (John 11:25-26).
Sixth, I am the way, the truth and the life (John 14:6).
Seventh, I am the vine (John 15:5).
There are seven powerful statements about the character of God. We know and have experienced the moving and blessings of God. We will continue to experience this!
What draws this back to Christmas? It is the names that Jesus is called BEFORE He was even born. Think about it!
Matthew 1:21 NLT
And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.
Matthew 1:23 NLT
“Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.’”
Isaiah 9:6 NLT
For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Those aren’t new verses. The “I Am’s” from Jesus tell us about Him. All truth. The verses we have telling about Jesus before His birth tell us about Him, too. All truth.
How great is our God!

Comments