Skip to main content

our baby Ruth and her guy


Psalm 127:3  NLT
Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.

It is hard for me to believe that our baby Ruth is getting married in two days.  This young lady has been a blessing to our family for a long time.  Oh, there are so many memories and stories I could share, but it is cool that all our kids are different, so very different.

I could not be any prouder as a father of how Ruth has grown through the years and the precious lady that she is.  Then I got to meet this guy she met while away at college.  Of coarse as a dad I was skeptical because dads are supposed to believe no body is good enough for their baby.  I thought that, and then I met Sean.  We are blessed to have a new son in the family in this gentleman who has shown himself strong and full of faith.

My prayer for Ruth and Sean is pretty simple, but I will ramble through it…

Father, keep them strong, strong enough to always lean on you.  Keep them faithful, faithful to each other and to you.  Keep them full of joy, enjoying life, each other and the journey you God have them on.  Let them soar higher than we have soared.  Keep them close, close to us and even closer to you, God.  Please remind them, in their hearts, of how proud they make their parents and how loved they are by us.  But let them fully believe they are loved in far greater ways by you.  May their marriage be a testimony of your goodness.  This I pray and pray often in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Will you pray for them too?  I ask God to bless my children!

Isaiah 44:3  NLT
For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catalyst ticket arrived

My ticket to the Catalyst Conference, in Atlanta Oct 8-10, just arrived. I'm excited!

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you ...

wash feet, sharing hope

  John 13:4-5,14 NLT  So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, 5 and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him… 14 And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. Jesus set the example we follow.  He served.  He valued and gave value to others.  That is why we choose to serve. For 18 years our church has shared an outreach called back2school, and for 16 of those years we have chosen to give students brand new shoes and socks as well as washing their feet.  It is one of the most important parts of this event. Washing feet is a humbling experience where both the give and the receiver learn how to share some moments that might change their lives.  Jesus said we should do this.  See the verse above.  Follow His example, do what He did, and give far more than you will ever know....