The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord.
That is the way I see it, but of coarse I am the father of the bride. This has been a big, good, blessed weekend as we got to be part of a sacred event for our daughter and our new son, Ruth and Sean.
There are so many things I would like to share about the wedding and everything leading up to it. Honestly, it is too much for one sitting or one devotion. Therefore, I plan to share just some of the pieces.
My hope is to lift up my daughter and her husband (there I said it, good start). Just observations or what one mind call a good mind dump (a mind dump is simply a listing of random things that roll our of the mind as they come up). Here is goes:
… it is good to be the Father of the Bride and sit back and watch and enjoy our daughter enjoy herself.
… it is hard to only be the Father of the Bride when you have done so many weddings and have such good opinions (in my humble opinion).
… having a venue, no matter the cost, where the staff cares for 90% of the happening is such a blessing, and the Maridor in Roanoke led by Brenda was amazing.
… my daughter Ruth is beautiful!
… the people in the wedding were lots of fun to spend time with, and I really, really like Sean’s parents. We gained some new family.
… some people are crazy. It shows.
… Jarod, one of the best men, is awesome as his toast to the new couple was so well put together with the song from Sponge Bob that I might not ever forget it.
… I like wedding cake.
… We have some awesome friends that I enjoy doing life with.
… some things are worth the time you put in to them and will have a greater ROI (return on investment) than we know up front.
… staying at the wedding venue, the Maridor at the corner of Shirley and Grandin in Roanoke, was awesome as it is also a bed and breakfast.
… the sparkler exit was really awesome.
… family gets it done. A few minutes with these people makes my heart happy.
… rain during the wedding ceremony seems like a bad idea, but it turned our pretty awesome. The birds singing as the rain stopped was so beautiful but not as beautiful as my daughter.
… hearing my daughter almost cry like a hundred times because she is so happy makes me very, very happy.
… realizing that her man, my new son, is crying as he sees my daughter in her wedding dress for the first makes me so pleased.
… sitting between my daughter and my wife for a few minutes a couple hours before the wedding was such a blessing.
… listening to the closest family sharing some last minute advise is pretty cool, and memorable.
… praying blessings down on my children is one of my spiritual obligations.
… knowing there is so much more I want to share but I almost can’t see the keyboard because (1) tears fill my eyes and (2) I am just so tired and worn out is a reality.
Ok. More later. Maybe. What a great weekend, and I do want to thank everyone who made it so special!
Ephesians 5:31 NASB
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.

Comments