Over the last week in the e-devotions I have shared memories from the recent mission trip to Cuba, and today will be the last day I share about this trip. And what I want to focus on today is how God is growing the people of the sports ministry in Cuba.
Alex is still in the USA for the next 10 days or so meeting with friends and sharing about the ministry in Cuba. Alex’s family is special to me as is the entire sports ministry staff and all of their families. I am grateful for their friendships I enjoy and being able to work with each.
During our time together and the teaching we focused on spiritual disciplines, and specifically we focused on some of the book Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster.
Isaiah 55:6 NLT
Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.
The things that we focus on the most will either lead us to be closer to God or further away from Him. It is important that we learn habits that strengthen our faith and work in us to be more like Jesus.
The spiritual disciplines that we focused on included the following: fasting, meditation, prayer, study, simplicity, solitude, submission, serving, guidance, confession and worship. These sessions were taught by Eric Anderson (an FCA leader from Houston, TX), Vladimir and Alex (both from Cuba), and myself. Due to the strains on our schedule as well as several challenges we had to make some adjustments to the plan, but God did some awesome things.
I always enjoy being with and encouraging the sports ministry staff, but this will forever be a highlight of time we have had together, and my prayer is that each of us continue to implement spiritual disciplines that helps us be stronger leaders at home and in our work.
Again, I want to say thank you to everyone that made this trip possible. Many people gave money. Many committed to pray for and during the trip. Many people stood in my place and served while I was gone. Several walked along side me and the sports ministry team. I am grateful for each and every person who sacrificed to make this trip possible.
The next trip to Cuba will be in September, and I ask that you pray for that trip It will include a time of sharing vision for new people who want to learn about the ministry in Cuba and come to see. This trip will also include a mission trip to the mountains of central Cuba with our friends from Seeds of Faith Church in Havana. Surely this is going to be a great opportunity to those who want to join me on a mission trip.
2 Thessalonians 3:5 NLT
May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.
Comments