resurrection song

 


Often I will wake up with a song on my mind.  One of those even today was Resurrection Song by Rend Collective.  Very simple song, but this is a powerful message.  Read some of the lyrics.


Because You're risen I can rise

Because You're living I'm alive

Because Your cross is powerful

Because You rose invincible

I can get up off the floor


This is my resurrection day

Nothing's gonna hold me in the grave

This is my resurrection day

Nothing's gonna hold me down

Say goodbye to my yesterdays

Ever since I met You I am changed

This is my resurrection day

Nothing's gonna hold me down


Because You rolled my stone away

Because my debt has all been paid

Because You stand in victory

Because You crushed the enemy

I can get up off the floor (get up off the floor)


The good news is the good news

'Cause You chose the rugged cross

The good news is the good news

'Cause You rose up from the dust

Your gospel is the power

That is saving all of us

So, I can get up off the floor

Come on, get up off the floor


Here is what we know.


Jesus did for us what we could not do for ourselves, and what God knows about us changes everything.  Our salvation is secure.  Our debt was paid, and the good news is that we are forgiven and made new, set free and have victory.


That is the way I choose to live today and forever.  How about you?

Comments