Skip to main content
what does it take // Monday E-Devotion
Psalm 16:3 (nlt) --- The godly people in the land are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them!
John 15:13 (nlt) --- There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.
We started our series called HEROES at The Community Fellowship yesterday, and I am more excited about this series than ever before. We talked about how people in Hebrews 11 became Heroes for people back then and for us today.
The verse that stuck out for me, is this:
Hebrews 11:38 (nasb) --- men of whom the world was not worthy...
How is it that they were not worthy? They went beyond the call. They had vision that got them through tough times. They knew that God's word and their Messiah or Savior would be worth any pain or sacrifice.
The question I left our folks with and I leave you with is this:
What does it take to be hero today?
1 Corinthians 9:22-23 (nlt) --- When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.
Comments