Skip to main content

changed by God's grace

I'm addicted.  We could talk about lots of things that fall into that category of my life, but the one thing that gets me excited is hearing people talk about how God's grace is changing their lives.  He is the only one that makes changes that stick, change that goes beyond what any counselor or program can do for a person.

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

A couple people sat down in front of me shared the events of the last week.  What had happened in the last 7 days is different from the choices they made and the consequences they experienced in the past few months.  A few good decisions have made things change, but listening to the voice of God has led these folks to see light and hope and the grace of God.

For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Dude showed up at the front door of our church the middle of last week.  He asked about one of the guys in our band, and since our meeting this dude has not stopped talking about God and asking questions.  We had a great conversation about God's grace on Sunday.  Last night I talked to another one of the people who shared this man is seeking God like never before.  I'm praying for him to be saved and experience God's grace in brand new ways.

May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.

The leaders of our church have some awesome stories of how God has given them grace and 2nd chances.  One of them spoke into my life last night in a very simple way.  It was through his prayer.  When God gets hold of your life, people will see and hear God.  Our lead team talked about some big issues, and one of the points was this: "when your memories exceed your dreams, the end is near."  (Thanks, Andy Stanley for sharing with us via DVD.)  We've had some big and good days the last five years.  Yet It is evident that these men and women believe that our best and greatest days are ahead of us.  I believe that.

Those great days are ahead ONLY as we experience and offer God's grace in huge amounts.  I want to always err on the side of grace and forgiveness.  My prayer is that the people I come in contact with get closer to God because of the things I say and do.  That is not because I am good, but the one I follow is good and great.  God is able.  He does more than we often give Him credit for.  

Allow God's grace to flow through you.  Become addicted to His grace by listening to the stories of the people you meet that are coming closer to God.  Realize that the past is what we learn from but the future is what we press toward and strive for all the time.  God has more grace for us than we know.  Share His grace with someone today and tomorrow and the next.

He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us,

Comments

Jeff Schicke said…
What a blessing to see first-hand experiences of God's grace, or to have hope of His grace for those currently in turmoil.

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.