“Be still, and know
that I am God! I will be honored
by every nation. I will be
honored throughout the world.”
Connecting to God
is something that before Jesus came was almost impossible. God sent His son to allow us to have a
personal relationship with Him. He made
a way. He built a road. He began what is for us a new way to live and
a true way to live with meaning.
But it is
really is not possible to live with strength or passion or with growing
Spiritual life if we do not connect privately with our God. In those places of silence or quiet we can
hear from, speak to and spend time with the one who loves us most and has the
best plan for our lives.
It is often in our quietest times with
God that He speaks the loudest and our lives change the most.
Sunday I began
sharing a new series with our church family. It is called FOR ONE and is drawn
from a phrase I have thought through for a long time. When I first heard the phrase for AN AUDIENCE
OF ONE, I had a tough time clinging to what it really meant. It was at that point that a man who prays for
me often explained what it looks like.
He talked
about a performer or group of performers who learned that the president or the
pope or someone of the like was coming to town, and their job was to ready for
an audience of one performance. This hit
me and has stuck with me.
AN AUDIENCE OF
ONE for me speaks about my connection to God.
Our spiritual walk begins with a one on one encounter with Jesus. Our promise of life through the death of
Jesus was a sacrifice of one. It is
through the connection of one on one, us with God, that we gain strength and
life.
It is in the
quiet, in the focus times of our lives that we grow the most. I have noticed that the items I retain or
remember happened at the strangest of times.
Yet is in the those times that I remember God. Do you know the things I most remember about
God’s work? It is not what He did
through me or even what He did to me. It
really is the words God spoke directly to me that left me changed.
Do you want power
or influence? Plug in to where real
power comes from. Frustrated with life,
where you are or where you seem to be headed?
Go to the One who has real direction.
An AUDIENCE OF
ONE is directly connected to our time with God.
Notice this: we make appointments for the people we often care for the
least but don’t make appointments for the ones we care for the most. Who are the most important people in our
lives? Who is the most important one?
Luke 10:41-42
NASB
But
the Lord
answered
and said
to her, "Martha,
Martha,
you are worried
and bothered
about
so many
things;
42 but only one
thing
is necessary,
for Mary
has chosen
the good
part,
which
shall not be taken
away
from her."
May we choose
and be found doing the things that matter most and that connect us even more to
our great and gracious God. May we be
living for our God, For One!

Comments