There are people that make life much
sweeter. Do you know some of those
people? These are the ones who I spoke
of yesterday who are friends that encourage and inspire us.
My question for us to consider today is
this: am I the friend that inspires the people around me to do more, to think
deeper and to live a life of meaning?
Let me pause there for a moment and
make a confession. I do not believe, not
for a moment, that the plan from God is for us to be busier. It is my firm belief that our great and
gracious God desires for us to live with meaning. That is a choice each of us has to make for
ourselves.
Meaning comes from understanding who we
are. I am a child of God by God’s grace
and His gift of Jesus. My stand is one
of brokenness and forgiveness, strength in the midst of weakness because of
God, confidence based on what God says is true and not on feelings I have. Meaning most often begins when we begin to
live for more than just ourselves.
Back to the question. Am I encouraging others to live with meaning?
Jude
1:20-24 NLT
But you, dear friends, must build each other up
in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, 21 and await
the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this
way, you will keep yourselves safe in God’s love. 22 And you
must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. 23 Rescue
others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still
others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their
lives. 24 Now all
glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with
great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault.
Build others up. Pray and wait on God. Stay close to God, share His love, show
mercy, rescue those struggling and be an inspiration. That is not about doing more. It is about being a person of influence, a
friend and an encourager.
That kind of person, the kind I choose
to be, inspires meaning in others.

Comments