Mother’s Day is one of the most special days of the year, and for some people it is the toughest day of year. Those of us who have lost our mothers have a whole in their lives, yet I know where my mom is. One day I will see her again in heaven. I am, as you must be, blessed with the person God have me as a mom.
The most “go to” passage about moms is where we turn to today, Proverbs 31, and one of the reasons that I asked Julie to join me sharing with our church yesterday is so we can really get a true Mother’s Day Perspective from a real mom. I can tell you from my thoughts and the Scripture, but she can give you her experience.
Let’s jump in and look at some of the verses from Proverbs 31!
Proverbs 31 NLT
10-12 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
25-26 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.
28-31 Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her:“There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,but you surpass them all!” Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.
Julie’s Thoughts: I think this is interesting that if you read verses 1-9 you realize that this scripture is a mother’s advice to her son about women. I want my son to find a Godly woman that enriches his life. This is good advice for any man looking for a woman with these characteristics.
Begin with how awesome this lady is. She is trustworthy and full of honor. Head over to the end of the passage. Again she is trustworthy and builds her family in many ways. It is right to honor others. Honor those people, like your mother, who has poured life and strength and wisdom in to you.
Mother’s Day is one where we truly learn how to honor others. Choose to live honorably and choose to honor those important to you.
Romans 12:9-10 NLT
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
Pray for those who struggle with this special day and let others know how special they are to you!

Comments