He who finds a wife finds a good thing And obtains favor from the Lord.
25 years. 9 homes. 3 kids. 6 dogs. Too many cars and jobs and other items to name. But we really are blessed.
It was 25 years ago today that we said “I do” to each other. The old saying goes, “the rest is history”, but that would be way to easy. We have experience life and pain, strains and strength, lows and highs, and so much more that there isn’t enough room to name.
What I do know is that today is a very special day. We celebrate.
You might not want the rest of this, but here it goes.
Julie and I met when I became the pastor of Bear Creek Baptist Church in Mount Vernon, Georgia. She was dating a guy whose grandparents went to the church. A month or so later they broke, and his grandmother insisted that I call and ask her out.
I did. That was January 1993. We got engaged on February 12th that means those weeks were full and fast. Lots of memories. Even now lots of water under the bridge. We married 7 months later.
She was married to a pastor, and ministry seemed to be our life, overflowing life. We were both in college. We finished the next few years, and honestly there have been waves of greatness, sadness and happiness, and so many things that I cannot even remember.
What I do know is that it has been worth the drama, the late night discussions, the miles we have driven and the work we have joined together to be part of.
I am proud of the work that Julie has done. She is skilled and kind. She is a great mother and wife. Best yet, she puts up with my flaws and shortcomings. Her life, love and character has made me a much better person.
That is another reason we will celebrate today. 25 years together and we have committed to each other that our prayer and even our commitment is to make the next 25 years stronger and sweeter.
Ephesians 5:33 NASB
Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

Comments