Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
We were surprised. This past Saturday night many of our friends and family from church surprised Julie and I with a celebrate of our 25th wedding anniversary. I was suspicious, but I had no idea of just what was going to happen. The size, the sweetness and celebration was really over the top.
Julie and I were whisked away. She was with our daughter and son. I was with the leader of our recovery ministry. Again, I knew something was going on. Those days and minutes were sweet. Great conversation. Anticipation. If you know me, I am hard to surprise and I am a bit nosey.
Walking in the door at the Spencer-Penn event center was amazing. People everywhere. Maybe 125 or so people showed up. Over to one side was several of Julie’s family from Georgia. How sweet and awesome and amazing, to say the least.
The next few hours was delightful. I loved hugging friends and feeling loved. We were blessed. You know Julie is kind of reserved. I am a bit more social. This was such a great blessing.
We want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who made this possible. It is so good to know you are loved and appreciated.
It was good to see some friends that mean much to us. It was sweet have our church family around us. Really, this was an expression that I did not express and that we will not forget. Wow. Just wow.
I will continue to think through the moments, the conversations. We will continue to look through the pictures, read the cards. The balloons will stay up in the house until the helium is gone.
We are blessed. We are loved. This is another reason why church is so sweet!
You all really outdid yourselves. Thank you! We love each of you!
Hebrews 10:24 NLT
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
If you would like to give to help the ministries of The Community Fellowship and Dream Center, please go to this link https://tcf.ccbchurch.com/goto/giving
Comments