I have had a great time the last two days being a part of a ministry conference. Today I will simple share with you some quotes from yesterday’s sessions. Read and be inspired. I was.
Jim Cymbala (Brooklyn Tabernacle, New York)
It’s not how long you live but how you live.
More pastors lose authority because they live foolishly in front of their people.
When you try to draw a crowd, you end up making compromises.
If I’m full of self, how can I be full of God?
Dave Stone (Southeast Christian Church, Kentucky)
You are the example, not the exception.
Be present. Be prayerful. Be perceptive.
When you take an interest in someone, they will know and experience the love of God.
Love talked about is easily ignored but love demonstrated is irresistible.
Jonathan Falwell (Thomas Road Baptist Church, Virginia)
You don’t know it all.
My greatest impact will not be on the stage.
You have not become all that God wants you to be. There is more and better to come.
There is far greater happiness in serving rather in being served.
Take care of the people around you.
People will not know you are a man of God if you demand to be served.
It’s amazing how open to the Gospel people are when they know you are a nice guy.
Winning arguments is not as important as winning souls.
The work of God is more evident the more time I spend in the word of God.
The work of God is easier when I am doing it with the people of God.
God has not called us to do ministry alone.
God’s call on my life is more important than the pain of the world and the pull of the world.
When you see the supernatural work of God, the things of the world will fade in comparison.
God’s call on your life is more powerful than anything the world has to offer.
God did not call me to be popular. God called me to be faithful.
David Platt (McLean Bible Church)
You are a servant of Christ and a steward of the Gospel.
God requires us to be faithful. Not clever, creative, brilliant, fruitful…
6 threats to our success and success is being faithful:
1. underestimating the power of God.
2. overestimating the power of man
3. trivializing the holiness of God
4. desiring the honor of men
5. holding too loosely to God’s truth
6. holding too tightly to our lives
A low view of God leads our faith away.
We won’t be faithful if we talk more about how hard the ground is more than how great the power of God is.
It is dangerous to speak generally about sin so stop covering up sin.
Competition leads to discouragement.
Pride is wanting to take people’s eyes off God and put them one men.
Am I leading people or myself to share the Gospel where it is risky? If not I may be holding too tightly to my life.
Success is living for Him and less for us.
That is a lot to take in. Feel like I have been drinking from a fire hose at full power, but what I know best (and reminded of today) is that God is good and all powerful!

Comments