“How can I pray for you?” That is a question I ask people often. Sometimes people overlook it. Sometimes the question catches people off guard. My favorite ones are those who do a double take, and I realize there is something in their life that is tugging at their heart.
There is no greater thing than giving encouragement and love. That is what Jesus taught us to do. Just ask a question. Just have a short conversation, and watch in the conversation how God moves.
Life can get busy. That is too often too busy to see what God is doing or that people have needs that we can meet. Look around and remember that God is doing more than we realize. Check on the person who is broke down on the side of the road who ran out of gas or who has a flat tire. Speak to the person sitting on the bench.
That one conversation or that simple minute of prayer might change things for that person. I am convinced even more in the last month or so that prayer connects us to God, but our prayers also connect others to God.
Why ask this question? Why ask “how can I pray for you”?
Psalm 34:18 NLT
The Lord is close to the broken hearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
James 5:14-15 NLT
Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
That prayer from that simple question might rescue someone being crushed by life or bring healing to someone in need of physical or spiritual healing. Ask the question. And I am asking you.
How can I pray for you today?

Comments