Lamentations 3:22-26 NLT
The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. 23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” 25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. 26 So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord.
Where is the place that you find peace and refreshing? Maybe it is beside the water at the ocean as the breeze and the waves seduce you. Maybe it is in the mountains overlooking a pristine view that seems to go on for miles. Maybe it is in a valley next to a stream with the water rushing over rocks that calms your heart rate and seems to reignite your thoughts of joy.
Those are all good to me, but the river is one place I have found solace and full of memories. These words have cross through my ears and into my mind finding there way to my heart. I mean thoughts of God’s love and His faithfulness are incredible.
The promises of the goodness of the Lord for those who follow Him are important and reassuring. He is good as we wait quietly. Listen, those place I described are best enjoyed in quiet. Slowing down we are open to hear and to heal. As we quiet our minds and hands we are open to refresh and revive our souls. Or better yet God will heal and revive us.
Go read those verses once again but find a quiet place to let them soak in.

Comments