Skip to main content

what I am doing during the virus


Hello friends.  You know that word friend has a lot of meaning packed in to it.  God called us His friends.  We are His children, the ones He sent His son for, and we are the ones He chooses to spend time caring for and loving on.  That is a big deal.

During this uncertain time we need friends and we need to be a friend.  But how do we do that in ways that benefit everyone the best and practices caution.  Honestly, I am sharing today from a position that is not very comfortable.  I am guessing that most of you aren’t very comfortable with all that is going on either.

Thus, here are some thoughts that I am dealing with at this time.  How am I going to be making decisions and interacting with others.  This is personal.

Be Praying

That is the start and the finish line.  Pray.  I want the Lord’s direction and protection for our family and the church I get to serve.  God isn’t shocked by what is happening, and we need to lean on Him.

Psalm 65:5  NLT
You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds, O God our savior. You are the hope of everyone on earth, even those who sail on distant seas.

Be Kind and Helpful

Even when we are asked to practice “social distancing” we can still be kind.  That means you can still go to the store or even do an act of kindness.  When you see a need, meet it.  Maybe this is asking an elderly neighbor if they need something from the grocery store or the pharmacy.  This might be taking out their trash or one of many different things.  It also might be treating someone close to you differently because you realize the stress they are going through.

Ephesians 4:32  NLT
Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.

Be Wise

I tend to move pretty fast through life.  Yet there are times that call for slowing down and even seeking wisdom.  I want to go ahead with some of the things we have planned, but because of the requests from officials I will seek the counsel of wise people.  We are not alone.  Everyone is facing much of the same that we are going through.  Ask questions of the people you know who are smart and in the know.  Listen to the people God has put in your life.

Proverbs 20:18  NLT
Plans succeed through good counsel; don’t go to war without wise advice.

Be Cautious

You have heard many of these things since the chaos began.  Wash your hands often.  If you are sick, stay home.  Cover your sneeze or cough.  Clean the surfaces that are often touched by people.  Keep your distance from people like by choosing a fist bump or wave rather than a hug or handshake.  

Don’t fear.  Don’t panic.  Choose love.

We have already said those things.  But do them.  We must trust God.  He will give us peace.  Remember that He loves us always.  Choose to show others that same love.

Keep breathing because things will change.  Thank you for letting me share.

1 John 4:18  NLT
Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.

Comments