Skip to main content

I will

 


In our family devotions last night I read the following, and the Scripture that goes with it is incredible.  I send you this simple devotion today asking God to help you and me to seek Him and to seek righteousness.  Read on:


In Psalm 101, David records a list of choices he made to be prepared for temptation. Each one begins with the words, “I will.” Here are a few of his declarations:


I will be careful to live a blameless life.


I will lead a life of integrity in my own home.


I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar.


I will have nothing to do with those who deal crookedly.


I will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil.


Psalm 101 NLT

I will sing of your love and justice, Lord. I will praise you with songs. 2  I will be careful to live a blameless life— when will you come to help me? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home. 3  I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them. 4  I will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil. 5  I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors. I will not endure conceit and pride. 6  I will search for faithful people to be my companions. Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to serve me. 7  I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house, and liars will not stay in my presence. 8  My daily task will be to ferret out the wicked and free the city of the Lord from their grip.


That is one of the devotions we have read that left me thinking.  Left me questioning.  Understand it is not about law and grace.  It really is all about seeking the Lord and wanting what He wants for our lives


May our “I will” statements be a lot like these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catalyst ticket arrived

My ticket to the Catalyst Conference, in Atlanta Oct 8-10, just arrived. I'm excited!

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you ...

wash feet, sharing hope

  John 13:4-5,14 NLT  So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, 5 and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him… 14 And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. Jesus set the example we follow.  He served.  He valued and gave value to others.  That is why we choose to serve. For 18 years our church has shared an outreach called back2school, and for 16 of those years we have chosen to give students brand new shoes and socks as well as washing their feet.  It is one of the most important parts of this event. Washing feet is a humbling experience where both the give and the receiver learn how to share some moments that might change their lives.  Jesus said we should do this.  See the verse above.  Follow His example, do what He did, and give far more than you will ever know....