Skip to main content

dry bones come alive

 


Jeremiah 17:20  NASB

and say to them, ‘Listen to the word of the Lord, you kings of Judah, and all Judah, and all inhabitants of Jerusalem who come in through these gates.


I have spent much time recently listening.  This is often as I am walking or exercising.  Things or words or songs catch my attention.  Many times God is speaking, and I am seeking to listen.


This time was in a song.  The song is titled Rattle and is by Elevation Worship.  It is a powerful song with an incredible message.


Early in the song there is a question asked.  When I heard the song and the question, I stopped and listened.  Then I stopped a few times to listen and think.


“Since when has impossible ever stopped You?”


It made me stop.  It was a wow moment for sure.


What is impossible with God?  Nothing.  That is a simple answer, and it is true.  We may think that God has limits or doesn’t work in one way or another.  Our perception of God can often be wrong.


He has no limits.  He is able to do so much more than we can imagine or think up.  Stop putting God in a box.  Read the stories that Scripture provides.  See how God is working overtime to help people lie you and me stand in awe of Him, and watch how God is working in our lives to do more, much more.


This song, Rattle, is about the dead bones or dry bones found in Ezekiel 37.


Ezekiel 37:7-10  NASB

So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a loud noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone. 8 And I looked, and behold, tendons were on them, and flesh grew and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them. 9 Then He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘The Lord God says this: “Come from the four winds, breath, and breathe on these slain, so that they come to life.”’” 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath entered them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.


That is a miracle.  


Since when has our mind limited God?  Since when has a problem held God back?  The answer is never.  God is able.  Just like in this story we can expect God to work in ways no one and nothing else can.


Go find the song.  Listen in.  Hear what God might be saying to you.  I close by sharing some of the lyrics with you:


RATTLE by Elevation Worship


Saturday was silent

Surely it was through

But since when has impossible

Ever stopped You

Friday's disappointment

Is Sunday's empty tomb

Since when has impossible

Ever stopped You


This is the sound of dry bones rattling

This is the praise make a dead man walk again

Open the grave, I'm coming out

I'm gonna live, gonna live again

This is the sound of dry bones rattling


Pentecostal fire stirring something new

You're not gonna run out of miracles anytime soon

Yeah, resurrection power runs in my veins too

I believe there's another miracle here in this room… 


Yeah

Whoa

Do you hear it?

Do you hear it?

Do you hear it?


My God is able to save and deliver and heal

And restore anything that He wants to

Just ask the man who was thrown

On the bones of Elisha

If there's anything that He can't do

Just ask the stone that was rolled

At the tomb in the garden

What happens when God says to move


I feel Him moving it now

I feel Him doing it now

I feel Him doing it now

Do it now, do it now…


This is the sound

This is the sound of dry bones rattling

This is the praise make a dead man walk again

Open the grave, I'm coming out

I'm gonna live, gonna live again

Open the grave, I'm coming out

I'm gonna live, gonna live again

Open the grave, I'm coming out

I'm gonna live, gonna live again

This is the sound of dry bones rattling, rattling, yeah


I hear the sound (I hear the sound)…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.