Skip to main content

thank you, Jesus


 

Dear Jesus,


I am writing to say what I have said before, but this day, as many others, I am convinced at how blessed I really am.  It is evident that I would not be blessed without you.


Thank you for your love.  I know every day that you love people.  You do a better job at loving my family than I can ever do.  But you have taught me how to really love and love good.  No matter what goes on you have convinced me that I am loved.


Thank you for caring for the world.  The verses about you seeing people and having compassion on them reminds me to see the world differently and serve when I can.  Help me to see even more the way you see and with great compassion.  Let me judge less and care more.  Thank you for caring for me and my family.  May others find a little of that through me.


Thank you going ahead of me.  You know this but I make messes.  Figuratively and literally I have made messes that you have helped with and cleaned up.  First, thank you for cleaning up where I have done things that were not right.  Second, thank you for clearing the way where it seemed like everything was done.  Let me trust you more for going ahead of me.


Thank you for providing.  Far too often I see the negative and the limited.  But you are not negative or limited.  Thank you for providing life.  You gave me and those around me life.  When I thought I didn’t have enough, you provided just what was needed.  I see more every day how you have provided.  Thank you for seeing more than I can ever see.


I stop there, but I will keep on thanking you as I go my way today.  I love you and look forward to what is ahead.


I love you,


Michael


2 Thessalonians 2:13  NLT

As for us, we can’t help but thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord. We are always thankful that God chose you to be among the first to experience salvation—a salvation that came through the Spirit who makes you holy and through your belief in the truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catalyst ticket arrived

My ticket to the Catalyst Conference, in Atlanta Oct 8-10, just arrived. I'm excited!

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you ...

wash feet, sharing hope

  John 13:4-5,14 NLT  So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, 5 and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him… 14 And since I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet. Jesus set the example we follow.  He served.  He valued and gave value to others.  That is why we choose to serve. For 18 years our church has shared an outreach called back2school, and for 16 of those years we have chosen to give students brand new shoes and socks as well as washing their feet.  It is one of the most important parts of this event. Washing feet is a humbling experience where both the give and the receiver learn how to share some moments that might change their lives.  Jesus said we should do this.  See the verse above.  Follow His example, do what He did, and give far more than you will ever know....