I am blessed with some very special people in my life. It is Mother’s Day weekend, and that means the people I am thinking about are some great and inspiring ladies… my mom, my wife, my mother in law, my daughters and many more.
I begin with my mom. She was amazing. My mom was that and more. There is almost no one else like mom. She is the one who accepts you, holds you and keeps you going when others aren’t around. I miss my mom. It has been over 5 years since she moved to heaven. And no one could take this precious lady’s place.
I want to say a very special “Happy Mother’s Day” to Ann Harrison, my bonus mom or step mom who makes my dad very happy… and thank you for being part of our family and for helping my dad enjoy life!
Proverbs 1:8 NLT
My child, listen when your father corrects you. Don’t neglect your mother’s instruction.
Another special lady in my life is my mother-in-law, Sandra. It has been a tough year, but she is sticking by Pa, my father in law who is in hospice care. She is a blessing and has shown me and others so much acceptance and love. “Happy Mother’s Day”, Granny!
I am excited because in 2021 our middle daughter Ruth is going to become a mom and give us our first grandchild. Coming in November. So happy early Mother’s Day, Ruth Megan!
The greatest lady in my life is my wife. Julie is incredible and goes far beyond what I expect. “Happy Mother’s Day” to you Julie, and thank you for being such an awesome lady and for putting up with me. Our family really is blessed.
There are many other ladies who have been mother-like to me, and they made my life richly and stronger. Cornelia Fowler. Donna Pratt. Cindy Adams. Trisha Stafford. Helen Joyce. And there are many others!
Make sure those special ladies in your life know just how special they are. And join us this Sunday. Join us this Sunday morning as I will be sharing a message at The Community highlighting how these friendships make life sweeter.
Proverbs 31:10 NASB
An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels.
2 Timothy 1:5 NLT
I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you.
Comments