Skip to main content

wait on the Lord


 

Waiting is not always about stopping what you are doing.  Often waiting is an act of staying connected, continuing to watch and always seeking what you are waiting on.


As I have shared this week, we are going on a sabbatical beginning on Monday.  This is a time away from work and the normal every day life to focus on God and on our family.  It will be hard to disconnect, but Julie and I believe this is an important time.  I am grateful that our church family is allowing us to take these weeks away.


During this time we will be waiting on God.  I want to hear His voice, and I will wait on Him.  I will be seeking wisdom for our future, and I will be learning more about my God given purpose.  I will be reading some books that I have chosen, and I desire to learn more, grow in my walk with God, sharpen my skills and enjoy what God has blessed me with.


Think about waiting on God and what that means.


Psalm 27:14  NLT

Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.


It takes courage to wait.  Patience is not one of my better qualities which will make the time away a little tough, but I believe this will be a great time.


Psalm 38:15  NLT

For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord my God.


I will be asking the Lord for some answers.


Psalm 62:5  NLT

Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.


I wait for God to renew and build my hope only in Him.


Lamentations 3:20-26  NASB

My soul certainly remembers, And is bent over within me. 21 I recall this to my mind, Therefore I wait. 22 The Lord’s acts of mercy indeed do not end, For His compassions do not fail. 23  They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I wait for Him.” 25  The Lord is good to those who await Him, To the person who seeks Him. 26 It is good that he waits silently For the salvation of the Lord.


Do you get it?  There are so many promises in those verses.  There are so many reasons to wait on God and to seek Him.  That is what I will do.  Maybe that is something God is asking you to do.


I close with a verse I shared earlier this week, and this verse is one I will hold close to my heart the next six weeks.  This is powerful!


Isaiah 40:31  NASB

Yet those who wait for the Lord Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.