Skip to main content

time to celebrate


Romans 12:15  NLT

Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. 


Today’s devotion is more personal than usual, but I think it is important for me to share my journey with you.  This is isn’t asking for your help or pity.  Simply, this is overflow.  Thanks for reading.  Thank you for praying.


The last week has been one of those emotional roller coasters.  You’ve been on them.  You know, I remember one of the first coasters I was on and how the immediate response my stomach had after it wasn’t much fun.  Know what I mean.


Last week was wrapped in the death of Julie’s dad, Ellis Howell, after eight months of being in hospice care after covid and pneumonia and a tough battle with dementia.  It was a great time with family.  His funeral was a beautiful home going.  But honestly it was and is bitter sweet.  Pa will be missed, and I will continue to pray for my mother in law, Sandra, my wife and her siblings.  It is such an honor to be part of this family.


One of the best things about last week was the fact that our children were able to be with us.  Ruth flew in from Pennsylvania and is 30 some weeks pregnant.  Ryan took his longest road trip as a teen and joined us 400 miles and 7 hours from home.  Then Rebecca flew all the way from Hawaii to be with us, and as she landed in Savanah, Georgia last week I realized she was 4,700 miles from where she lives.  Having them close by meant much to me and Julie.


This week our son in law, Colman Miller and Rebecca’s husband, took command of about 100 soldiers where he serves in the US Army in Hawaii.  They are doing so well and make us super proud!


Psalm 127:3  NLT

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.


Throughout the last several days my humanity has continued to be a reality.  Still healthy and enjoying the weigh loss and being healthier than ever, yet I have to be honest.  It is not over.  More weight to loose, not a lot, but some.  My spiritual journey is one I love and enjoy, but have you realized how easy it is to let it slip?  I am grateful for my coach that encourages me, a accountability partner that keeps asking questions and most of all the Scripture that continues to speak to my heart.


Last night we got a text from friends who had a grand baby born.  All are well, and it is so exciting!


Then some more joy comes.


Yesterday was our Ruth’s 23rd birthday.  This young lady, our middle daughter, makes me smile so much.  She is the one that always says “I love you more!”  I love that she and her husband Sean.


Tomorrow we will get to host a baby shower for Ruth and Sean.  Our first grandchild she is carrying will arrive in the weeks ahead; she is due in early November.


This are exciting times.  But we live in reality.  I hear the tears of those I love, and understandably so.  I see the smiles around me that are so very real, too.  I pray for so many in battles and struggling. 


But then there He is.  God is working and is so very kind.  I am grateful that there is so much to celebrate.


Take some time to celebrate where you are, what is going on and how God is working.  You are important.  You are valuable.  God loves you and has a plan for your life.


Take some time to celebrate today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.