Skip to main content

from 2021 to 2022


 

This will be the only e-devotion for this week and the last week of 2021.  I am writing with the intent on looking back and learning from this year as well as looking forward with joy and determination to a new year full of possibilities.


Three words come to mind in this reflection and time of planning.  I pray they will give you some what of a guide.


REMEMBER.


REPENT.


REDEEM.


Remember what is in the past, but leave things in the past.  They are to be points of learning and event some what of a trampoline to help you move to the next place.


I am excited about the future, yet it really is the things of the past year, and further back, that have set the stage for what is ahead.  God called me to Himself first.  I long for a deeper relationship with Him.  God gave me a passion to serve Him and others.  Throughout my life there have been spiritual markers, as Henry Blackaby called them, that line my life and even set me up for more.  I long for a deeper relationship with Him and for more in my life.


Nehemiah 4:14  NLT

Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the nobles and the rest of the people and said to them, “Don’t be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!”


Repent means to learn from and to turn a new direction.  Literally the means is a 180 degree turn.  I plan to not repeat my failures but learn from them.  I choose to not be trapped by things or situations or struggles.  The future is full so I have to turn toward God and away from what is pulling me away from Him.


Acts 5:31  NLT

Then God put him in the place of honor at his right hand as Prince and Savior. He did this so the people of Israel would repent of their sins and be forgiven.


Redeem is a big word.  I am reminded of two points that are ultimately important.  Let me paint an easy picture for us with this word.  I am redeemed.  Jesus gave all for me.  The love of God redeemed me.  Now it is my turn to redeem the time and my life so that the future is even more full of potential and opportunity. 


Ephesians 5:15-15  NKJV

See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.


Wow.  That is a lot to take in.  Maybe do what I am going to do helping digest this e-devotion.  Cut it up in pieces, in thoughts or even in the three pieces with the words Remember, Repent and Redeem.


The following passage is the basis for my writing and thoughts.  I have so much more to say, but this puts it together.  I pray it makes sense, especially as you study these three verses:


Philippians 3:12-14  NLT

I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.


Make you plans and set your goals.  Remember the past.  Repent where you failed.  Redeem the time by confessing you are redeemed by God and ready to share that redemption with others!


Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.