Skip to main content

share a story


 

I love to share stories of what God is doing, and there are a lot of them.  We ought to be putting ourselves in places where we are seeing God work.  


Last night I sat at the dinner table with 10 friends from across the United States.  The stories poured out, and they were good.  They were not stories of self promotion or one upping someone else.  They were not stories of slander or someone in pain.  They were stories of what God is doing and what we are seeing Him doing around us.


Luke 5:26  NLT

Everyone was gripped with great wonder and awe, and they praised God, exclaiming, “We have seen amazing things today!”


I shared several stories myself.  These are things that light my fire, keep me going, remind me of God’s work and allow me to share with others how our church and ministry is making a difference.


I shared about a teen girl who has come out of her shell and is growing in her faith.  On my phone is a picture of this young lady washing the feet of a student during our back2school outreach and of her holding hands and praying for this student.  That picture reminds me of what God is up to.  I get to share with others.


I shared about Fred.  You may remember our friend that passed away recently.  His life was radically changed.  From an executive in the furniture business to drugs and walking out on his family… to coming to our transitional house and beginning to live for Jesus and help others come to know God.  I miss Fred and will always.  His story reminds me of how good our God is and how He works.


I shared about our FCA work in southside Virginia as well as in Cuba through sports ministry.  God is opening doors to work with coaches and athletes and in schools.  In each place the Gospel is being shared and God is allowing people to see how good He is.  I love to share these stories.


Now it is your opportunity.  Tell others what you are seeing God do.  Share your story with someone else today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.