Skip to main content

what is important


 

Remember what is most important.  In fact, we ought to be working hard to make sure the most important thing is really what I am focused on and headed toward in my life.  It is far too easy to live in the meaningless rather than living out of our God given call and passion.  


Think about this… do you know what God has put on your heart to accomplish?  We can know.  We must go that direction!


1 Corinthians 9:22-23  NASB

To the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak; I have become all things to all people, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.


I first heard those verses or understood them well when we were putting together what we know as our church, The Community Fellowship, well over 15 years ago.  It was that call that led us to focus on those who are hungry, hurting and homeless so that we can win some to Christ.


Last night I listening to a friend and minister leader share these verses about the ministry that is happening at race tracks and speedways around the world.  We do this ministry, he said, so that we can share the Gospel.  The most important thing is not your plan or mind, your success or mine, your bank account or mine.  The most important things is the kingdom of God.


Am I using my life, my time, my resources and my days to fill the place of what is most important? 


What is keeping me from using all of that for God’s glory?


Debt keeps us away from pursuing our dreams.  Sin keeps us from focusing on what matters most.  Selfishness keeps us doing things our way instead of God’s way.


May we be doing things God’s way that fulfill our purpose and help others, and ourselves, see how good God is and how He is continually working to win people to Himself.  There is more to this life than wasting our time.  There is a reason to live with purpose.  There is an enemy using good things to keep us from best things, God things and His call on each of our lives.


Seek God.  Follow Him.  Pursue those dreams.  Watch God do what He alone can do.


Isaiah 55:6  NASB

Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near.


Luke 4:43  NASB

But He said to them, “I must also preach the kingdom of God to the other cities, because I was sent for this purpose.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.