Skip to main content

think eternity


There is power in the knowing the truth.  Some things seems to be naturally true while others you might have to be convinced about.  The Bible is a great place, really the best place, to learn the truths God has to share.


In my reading yesterday I came across some familiar verses that seemed to pop off the page and pop in to my heart.  These might be a little obscure for you, but I remember from early in my learning to follow Jesus.


John 12:24-26  NLT  

I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives. 25 Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity. 26 Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me.


Death is a reality.  These verses don’t speak of physical death.  Or do they?  It really talks about a send that is planted in the ground and dies so that something else can come from it.  The farmer knows well how this happens.


The same is true for the next verse about loving our lives.  Do we love Jesus more than we love other things?  Are we more worried about what we need or about what God wants?  Literally God says to lose ourselves and our wants in what God wants  


We win if we care more about the eternal and what is temporary.  Serving God changes our perspective and our work.  Honoring God means we will make different decisions from those who do not care what God wants.


I serve you a verse that is important to my faith and has been for a long time.  It is from Paul, maybe one of my greatest Biblical characters.  I have wrestled with this verse so many times.  It is important and will give great insight into the verses from John 12 that I shared above.  


Read on.  Have a great day!


Galatians 2:20  NLT  

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.