Skip to main content

excited to serve


The following e-devotion was first shared in August of 2009.  I ran across it again, and this really is part of my heart.  Oh that we would be caught being kind, being like Jesus!



We are never more alive than when we are connected to God.  Let me take it a step further.  We are never more alive than when we are serving God by serving others.  I get excited when I read that someone or some church is going off the deep end serving outside of their comfort zone and doing things that are not the status quo.


Why does that stuff get to me the way it does?  It is because God has worked in my heart.  Yep, I've known God all my life and been his child since May of 1986, and I haven't gotten over it.  My prayer is that I will be more excited about God and serving others today than I ever have been before.  My objective is to lead others to be more excited than ever about God and serving others.  What do you think?


Staying connected to God isn't easy.  It is a choice each of us has to make.  The song Marvelous Light has lasting truth that I want to share with you.  It hit me once again with the reality of who God is and what God is doing.  Let me share:


lyrics: Your kindness wakened me, Awakened me, from my sleep


Ephesians 1:7 NLT

He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.


Coming to know the kindness of God is an awesome thing.  It is almost like waking up and realizing you are in a special place or that something has happened that is awesome.  God's kindness changes us big time.


lyrics:  Your love it beckons deeply,  a call to come and die.


Romans 5:8 NLT

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.


Galatians 2:20 NLT

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.


The love of God is something we will never fully understand, but the longer I know Him and allow His love to fill me, the more I see how good God is.  That leads me to be more like Jesus.  Literally, less of me and more of Him every day.  He truly is greater than I am (as our 2022 theme states HE>i).  That is living to serve Him and serve others.


lyrics: My dead heart now is beating, My deepest stains now clean.  Your breath fills up my lungs.  Now I'm free. now I'm free!  See the light that i have found. Oh the marvelous light...


Luke 11:36 NLT

If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light."


Known anyone who has ever come back to life?  That is what happens when Jesus comes into our lives.  We were dead.  Now we are alive.  Living for Jesus is real, free living.


We have got to stop letting ourselves or letting other people put blinders on us or putting us bondage that keeps us from really living.  To let that marvelous light fill us is to let Christ live through us.  For me, that is not described as a quiet existence and being somber.  It is best described as emotions you can't keep inside and stuff you can't keep from doing.  In other words, I love Jesus so much that I want to serve others.  What do you say to that?


God's kindness awakens me every time that I give God time.  Join me and lets let God's love, God's light and God's kindness awaken us!



NOTE:  Help our team with CUBA missions.  I will be making a trip to Cuba to support the FCA leaders.  Donations of medicines and hygiene products as well as money are needed with the trip.  Let me know if you would like to help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.