Skip to main content

what makes a difference


 

What makes a difference?


That is a subjective question as the answers could be all over the place and very different for each person.  But if I can for this e-devotion point you to just a few things that make a difference in my life.


Family.  Make much of the people who mean the most to you because it is easy to overlook the ones who are the closest.  The older I get the more these people mean to me and I desire to make my time with them count.


Joshua 24:15  NASB

…as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”


Friends.  I am not sure how big your circle is, but my circle isn’t getting bigger.  It might be getting smaller.  Fewer people are able to sit in the these that are most important, but I desire to have people who really care and who share similar values and passion with me.  These people make me better.


Proverbs 17:17  NASB

A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity.


Faith.  Always be ready to share what you have built your beliefs on.  Better yet, share who you have built on.  All of us live by a code of truth or ethics that will determine our actions, our thoughts as well as our motives.  I have chosen and believe that this choice must be Jesus who gave so much for me and helps me live every day.


Hebrews 10:38  NLT

And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away.”


Footsteps.  The things I do that influence or serve others makes a difference to me.  I believe what our church and I get to do by meetings needs is a big and important deal.  Our calling is to serve those who are hungry, hurting or homeless.  It isn’t always easy, but it is always rewarding.  That is also why I love doing missions like what we get to be part of in Cuba.  


1 Peter 4:10  NLT

God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.


Freedom.  Oh this word sends people in lots of directions.  Talk about our freedom as a nation and I am grateful.  Talk about our freedom to worship or serve or speak up or carry a gun or to drive on the right side of the road or so many things.  But this freedom is something a bit different.  It is the freedom to live in peace and without shame.  This is God given freedom.


Psalm 118:5  NLT

In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and set me free.


Let me take a minute to expound on this freedom peace.  Years ago I became acquainted with Blaine Bartel who now leads a ministry close to my heart.  Find out more at blainebartel.com and learn how he is helping men find real freedom in Jesus.  Another ministry that is close to my heart is something I am just coming to learn more about.  It is called Celebrate Recovery, and there is now a group that meets at our church.


So, do a little further and answer this question for yourself.  In your life, what makes a difference!



NOTE:  Help our team with CUBA missions.  I will be making a trip to Cuba to support the FCA leaders.  Donations of medicines and hygiene products as well as money are needed with the trip.  Let me know if you would like to help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.