The people that come to your mind the most are important. But you know that. You know what I am talking about. This is most likely family and your favorites that you spend a lot of time with.
But there are others. Who are your people?
I am talking about those who make your life richer, and not with money. These people make you a stronger and better person, and not because of muscles. Each of these people holds a special place in your life because you really enjoy having them as part of your life, and not because they have a degree or even share DNA that you have.
Who are your people? Who are the the ones that come to mind when you talk about the people that make your life richer and make you stronger and better as well as you enjoy being with them.
This is the friend that you call or text a good bot. The conversation can be deep or not so deep, but you enjoy the conversation.
This is the friend that has special, mad skills. Like the guy in my life that thinks differently than I do. He is in to details and processes because I am not good with details and processes.
This is the friend that you can sit with and hear their stories or they hear yours. They listen behind what is said and hears your heart. It might end with a hug or even a prayer. But the time in their presence makes your heart more at peace.
This is for me the dude that I enjoy doing life with. When we connect it might have been a week since we have seen each other, or a month, or a day. But it ends up feeling like you just picked up where you left off.
Who are your people? I have some in mind as I write today. Not going to name but I am calling each of them out now. I am thanking God for each and every one of them.
Proverbs 18:24 NLT
There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
Philippians 4:1 NLT
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stay true to the Lord. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work.
Proverbs 12:26 NLT
The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray.
Proverbs 17:17 NLT
A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.
John 15:13 NLT
There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
Who are your people?

Comments