Skip to main content

overflow from Cuba


It is good to be home!  And I would like to share so many great things that happened on my Cuba trip, but I will save those for a little while.  I’d rather use this e-devotion to tell you a couple things that are very important to me.  


Proverbs 11:25  NLT

The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.


So many people helped make this nine day Cuban excursion with purpose a reality.  I will be reaching out to each person to give a report and say thank you.


But what really sticks out is the reality that none of us are ever alone.  We need each other.  Others refresh us.  Others build us up.  Others make us better and stronger.  Others fill in the gaps where we can’t.  Others are vital.  I am so grateful for the others in my life.  And you know who you are!


I am reading a book by Pastor Benny Tate, Defy the Odds, and in this book he commends the reader to stop and say thank as well as honor those who have showed up in your life.  There are so many, many people I am indebted to in this way.  My heart overflows with thanks.


Bigger than that is knowing that much of the outcomes will bring a blessing to each and every person who helped.  Those who gave money… those who prayed… those who filled in for me back home… those who I served with… those who helped with the trip in country… and beyond.  Wow!


Proverbs 27:17  NLT

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.


I can’t say this was the favorite part of the trip, but what I am about to share may have the most lasting impact for God’s kingdom.  Let me try to just give you a small piece of what this means.


Three days this week I spent time with many of the leaders of the sports ministry in Cuba and had the honor of teaching them.  It was incredible, but the things I did weren’t the great or important things.  It was their time together.


Tuesday night we finished up our session together at almost 10 o’clock.  I was tired.  These awesome people wren’t done.  They talked.  They laughed.  They shared.  They prayed.  They enjoyed the time together well in to the late night.


All through these three days I watched God put them together more than this team has been in the past.  Some of them lives hours away and don’t get to be together often.  A few live close to each other.  But for the most part this was the first time they were able to all be together for a significant amount of time.


This was amazing.  I believe that God continues to build a team that will impact the world in Cuba and far beyond for the cause of Christ using sports as a tool to reach athletes, coaches and their families.  They are dedicated to their mission and to doing what God called them together to do.


I saw iron sharpening iron.  I heard how they are working together and how they desire to be better and stronger.  I saw that come alive.  It truly was amazing.


Again, thank you to all who helped make this trip a reality.  Pray for the team in Cuba and pray for me as I try to get my head back on straight after seeing God do so much in a short amount of time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.