Skip to main content

overturning Roe v Wade


I want to speak to the supreme court’s ruling on Abortion in overturning Roe V. Wade.  This is not intended to start conversations or to be divisive.  What I want to do is ask us to think, to be kind and to know what we each believe.


Ephesians 4:32  NLT  

Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.


Be challenged to begin with kindness.  We will have people who are sharing views we don’t agree, and there are people very passionate about this issue.  That is why I challenge each of us to be kind to others.  Conversations are important, but there is no place for hate, ridicule and name calling.


May people know that we love people and love God more than we love having people think like we think.  Our kindness might be the very thing that helps others come to know our savior, Jesus. 


Here is what I understand… the Supreme Court’s ruling did not say that abortion is abolished and illegal.  Actually their decision send back to each state the ability to make their own decisions.  It is important that we share with our legislators what we believe is important.


Furthermore, if we all look at the statistics, it is true that less than 1% of abortions are in the cases of rape or incest.  Also this ruling does not speak to the position when the mother’s life is in danger.


Here is what the Bible says…


Psalm 139:13-18  NLT  

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. 15  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. 16  You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. 17  How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! 18  I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!


It is important that we believe what God says in the Bible.  We do serve a good God who loves the children.  He has a plan.


I believe that life begins at conception.  I believe that it is true when life begins that the mother and baby are two separate bodies even though one is still in the womb.  Those verses tell us that God is the maker and keeper and giver of life.  Life is meant to be cherished!


We need to talk about this issue with those that we love, especially our children.  What is being shared in the media and in education is often very confusing.  If we respond with hate or with dogmatic verbiage, their hearts might not be changed as God speaks.  Speak the truth in love as Ephesians 4:15 says.


Too many people are upset and saying things or even doing things that are anything but Christian, with love or kind.  May others see us and our example of Christian love and be drawn to the one who really matters.


Because of this case and the need of the unborn I challenge us to find your local pregnancy care sent and make a difference.  Give.  Volunteer.  Share resources.  Pray for them.  


I close by sharing something that is very important to those who are hurting due to having things in their past that are painful.  God loves people.  I believe children who have died or been aborted are in heaven with God.  Also God loves each and every person.  No one is too far from God.  


Psalms 127:3  NLT 

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Francis Chan's "Forgotten God" (brand new book)

One of the most powerful preachers, writers and leaders of our time, in my opinion, is Francis Chan.  His first book, Crazy Love , revolutionized my thoughts about God's love as well as my interacting with God.  Now it is time for a brand new book from Chan being released tomorrow, September 1st.  The book is Forgotten God .   This is a phenomenal book about the power that Christians and the church can and must tap into.  All of it is within the Holy Spirit.  Francis talks about the power that was seen in the book of Acts when the Holy Spirit began to move among people.  It is true that many have avoided or maybe forgotten what the Holy Spirit is all about.   And like the Savior who poured out His life and blood so we have reason to rejoice, we were made to lay down our lives and give until it hurts.  We are most alive when we are loving and actively giving of ourselves because we were made to do these things.  It is when we live like this that the Spirit of God moves and ac...

inspiration from C.S. Lewis

There are many people, past and present, who get our attention by what they write or say or share.  For me C.S. Lewis is one of those.  He was a prolific writer who continues to grab the attention of thinkers from many different points of view. Lewis first grabbed my attention when I was in 5 th grader, and our teacher, Mrs. Foy, shared The Chronicles of Narnia with our class.  It was a powerful time that this dreamer opened doors to thinking like I had never lived before.  He wrote of faith, of far off places and of strong figures who found their character rooted deep in God. C.S. Lewis was born in 1898 and died in 1963, 7 years before I was born.  It wasn’t until his 30’s that under the influence of his friend Tolkien that he came to be a Christian.  He was raised in a traditional church going home, turned away from God as an Atheist in his teen years and through trying to stay away from God and faith returned to God with...

Catalyst ticket arrived

My ticket to the Catalyst Conference, in Atlanta Oct 8-10, just arrived. I'm excited!