Skip to main content

Heaven's All Around


It was a hot day.  Emotions were running wild.  Not the high energy and bouncing off the walls wild.  It was the unending crying and make sure you breathe kind of emotions.


Today I am going to share a little of something I have held in.  Over and over this stuff comes out, but it happens when I least expect and even over taking other emotions, smiles, clouds and other things.  I really don’t understand it.  You think I am crazy, right?


That day my brother Steve shared a song with me.  He said that he had left it on repeat.  Maybe it had been a couple days  This day was different.


Heaven’s All Around


You opened my eyes
To the unseen
Once I was blind
But now I believe

You tore down the walls
That kept us apart
What seemed like the end
Was only the start


Heaven’s all around
Heaven’s all around
Jesus is near
I can see it now
I can see it now
Your kingdom is here


For all that we’ve seen
There’s still more to come
We know You’ll finish
What You have begun

Battles may rage
But we will not fear
We know our victory
Is standing right here


Come and move how You want to
Come and make the old brand-new
Come and move how You want to
Do what only You can do


Heaven’s all around
Heaven’s all around
Jesus is near
I can see it now
I can see it now
Your kingdom is here


Yes that was the day that my dad passed away.  It might have been the day before, but Heaven’s All Around played on my phone’s play list several times those days and many times since.


Since then there have been other days and other deaths that have hit hard for me.  I miss my mom.  Now, I miss my dad.  We are or were so blessed.


May we see as God sees and prepare for what is ahead.  Maybe it really is heaven all around.  That will be a great day.  Seeing my parents.  Seeing our loved ones.  Heaven has been prepared by God for those who follow Him.


Thank you for letting me share a little.


Psalm 116:15  NASB  

Precious in the sight of the Lord Is the death of His godly ones.


John 14:2  NASB  

In My Father’s house are many rooms; if that were not so, I would have told you, because I am going there to prepare a place for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.