Skip to main content

speak Jesus


1 Thessalonians 5:11  NLT  

So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.


We ought to be the people who help others know how special they are.  It is our words, words of kindness and encouragement, that make a difference.  


Words can be used to hurt or to help.  Often the right words chosen just at the right time can do damage to the people they are given to.  Yet we ought to use all we have, including our words, as something like gifts to those who they are given to.  


Speak life and strength over the people that means the most to you.  That is a choice I want to make, especially to the people closest to me.  That is my family and friends.  Sometimes these people get the worst and not the best.


Take the opportunity to build up, not to tear down.  Choose words that bring courage.  In fact we are told by God to use the name of Jesus to give light and strength to those they are given to.


The following song stood out to me.  It spoke in to my life.  We should speak the name of Jesus over people and situations.  Speak Jesus over addiction, over fear and anxiety, over darkness and the enemy.  Jesus wins.


Let our words give life.  Jesus speaks.  We should too!


I Speak Jesus


I just want to speak the Name of Jesus 

Over every heart and every mind 

I know there is peace within Your presence 

I speak Jesus 


I just want to speak the Name of Jesus 

‘Til every dark addiction starts to break 

Declaring there is hope and there is freedom 

I speak Jesus 


Your name is power 

Your name is healing 

Your name is life 

Break every stronghold 

Shine through the shadows 

Burn like a fire 


I just want to speak the Name of Jesus 

Over fear and all anxiety 

To every soul held captive by depression 

I speak Jesus 


Shout Jesus from the mountains 

And Jesus in the streets 

Jesus in the darkness over every enemy 

Jesus for my family 

I speak the holy name 

Jesus


NOTE: Beginning next Tuesday I will be in Cuba on a mission trip.  Please pray for the trip and meetings taking place for the FCA ministry in Cuba.  If you would like to help, please reach out to me at pastormh@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.