Skip to main content

happy birthday Julie


It is a very special day.  My sweet wife and my friend and the most precious gift to our children, Julie celebrates her birthday today.  We have done this together almost 30 times, and each one is just as special and important.


I am truly blessed to have this lady in my life.  Julie is more than my partner.  She really has turned in to so much more as we have gone through the valleys and enjoyed the mountain tops.  We have been through some very difficult times, and together we have been in some great and excellent times.


Plus, there is much more to come.  I am excited about the future and excited to enjoy the future with my sweet Julie.


Let me declare a few things on this day.


Proverbs 18:22  NLT  

The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord.


Julie is a treasure.  This is true for me and our children.  


Proverbs 31:28-30  NLT  

Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: 29  “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” 30  Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.


Rise and bless her, and that is what I will do today.  No, it is not just words.  This comes from my heart.  Look past her beautiful face to her heart, and you will find so much more than you might expect.  She does fear the Lord and desires to see His best for our family.  Julie is one incredible woman.


1 Peter 3:7  NLT  

In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.


Some of things I am to do for Julie, and not just on her birthday… Honor her!  Treat her well.  Pray for her.  See and hold her as a gift from God.


Ephesians 5:25  NLT  

For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 


Love is an action word.  It is not something you just use in conversations.  Love is to be lived out, acted out, pursued and cherished.  If you take this verse literally, the highest love was when Jesus gave all for us.  I am to do the same for my wife.


So, happy birthday to my precious gift from God.  My wife celebrates her birthday today, and I will celebrate Julie.


If you see Julie today, wish her a very happy birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.