Skip to main content

my prayer for you



I pray for you, and today I wanted to share my prayer for you.  Well, at least I wanted to give you just a few things I am praying for.


Before that, I am committed to praying for several different people on a daily and weekly basis.  


My family… big time, daily and often many times a day.  


Those in and around our church… lots of them I have known for years but some only a short time.


Ministry friends… people who do what I do as a pastor or servant who have such beautiful hearts and heavy loads.


Many others… there are so many people on my mind each day.


It is an honor to pray for others, and here are just a few of the things I pray for and think you may use as a guide to pray for as well.


Salvation!


Romans 10:1  NLT  

Dear brothers and sisters, the longing of my heart and my prayer to God is for the people of Israel to be saved.


Paul said that.  These people are his heart and on his mind.  I have many who I want to come close to God.


Strength and joy!


Colossians 1:11  NLT  

We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy,


Like the joy we talked about earlier this week strength is a big deal and so many need God given and reproduced strength.


Peace!


Romans 15:13  NLT  

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.


Too many people do not know the peace of God.  So needed.  Makes such a difference.  As we come closer to God He will increase our peace.


Direction!


Deuteronomy 32:12  NLT  

The Lord alone guided them; they followed no foreign gods.


Things would be different if we lived with the direction of God and in His direction.  Too many people don’t have a clue what God has for them.  May we know God’s way and go that way each and every day.


And finally, light for the journey!


Ephesians 1:18  NLT  

I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.


I love that verse.  I have often prayed that verse over people.  I pray it over those who need God to fill them with His truth and that we would be passionate about His glory.


Finally, here are a couple of verses that guide prayers.  Now these aren’t all I pray for, but they are a good start.


Psalm 119:105  NLT  

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.


And this one.  I can’t leave this one out.  Choose to pray.  Pray for others today.  This is just some of my prayer for you!


Philippians 4:6-7  NLT  

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


Next Wednesday I return to Cuba to serve with the FCA staff stay.  Will you pray for this trip?  Pray for details of the trip.  Pray for travel.  Pray for lives to be impacted for Christ.  Pray for the hurting to be comforted and healed.  Pray for God’s word to be lifted high and Jesus to be glorified.  I am excited but need your prayers.  If you will pray, please let me know by sending me an email pastormh@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have you heard of EDITH BURNS?

Edith Burns was a wonderful Christian who lived in San Antonio, Texas . She was the patient of a doctor by the name of Will Phillips. Dr. Phillips was a gentle doctor who saw patients as people. His favorite patient was Edith Burns.  One morning he went to his office with a heavy heart and it was because of Edith Burns.  When he walked into that waiting room, there sat Edith with her big black Bible in her lap earnestly talking to a young mother sitting beside her.  Edith Burns had a habit of introducing herself in this way: "Hello, my name is Edith Burns.  Do you believe in Easter?" Then she would explain the meaning of Easter, and many times people would be saved.  Dr. Phillips walked into that office and there he saw the head nurse, Beverly. Beverly had first met Edith when she was taking her blood pressure. Edith began by saying,"My name is Edith Burns. Do you believe in Easter?"  Beverly said, "Why yes I do."  Edith said, "Well, what do you

why is it Good Friday?

  Holy Week is the time we focus on God and His gift of salvation.  We come to Friday.  The day we remember the cross, Jesus’ death and all God has done for you and me   Why do they call this day “Good Friday” because it doesn’t seems good?   Jesus was treated as a criminal.  He was beaten so much that He could not recognize Him.  His pain would have been too much for you or me to endure.  That is especially from Scripture I’ve read or as in the movie the  Passion of the Christ .   Yet it is a good day.  It is Good Friday because God had our good in His heart.  What Jesus did that day changed our forever direction. Here are some thoughts that come to me:   He is Redemption and Redeemer   He too our Pain and Punishment   He is our Righteousness and Reality   He is the Savior and Life   All of those happened from the cross.  It was meant for the worst lawbreakers.  It was not meant for a Savior who never broke a law.  It was lifted high so that onlookers could see the price Jesus.   Look

happy Thanksgiving

thursday e-devotion From my family to yours. From The Community Fellowship church family to you. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! 1 Chronicles 16:8 (NLT) Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.